- If you’re breastfeeding and have sore or cracked nipples, Medela hydrogel pads support healing and offer instant, soothing relief.
- Aid skin recovery and help maintain good skin condition
- Support healing
- Form a protective cushion for sensitive or sore nipples
- Specially formulated to cool skin on contact
- Sterile and individually wrapped
- Nontoxic and free from preservatives
How do hydrogel pads work?
- Medela hydrogel pads have a special formulation that forms a protective cushion that cools skin on contact and supports healing. They are large enough to cover your nipple and areola (the darker skin around the nipple) – both of which may be affected by soreness.
- To use hydrogel pads, follow these simple steps:
- First, wash your hands, then open the pouch and remove the hydrogel pad from the plastic liner.
- Carefully place the pad’s gel side directly over your nipple.
- When you need to breastfeed your baby, simply remove the hydrogel pad and place it on a clean surface.
- Then, gently wash your breast with warm water and pat dry before breastfeeding.
- Once you’ve finished, reapply the gel pad with clean hands.
Are hydrogel breast pads reusable?
- Yes, you can reuse one hydrogel pad within a 24-hour period. You just need to store it somewhere cool, clean and dry between uses – there’s no need to wash it with soaps or detergents. You can keep hydrogel pads in the fridge for an extra cooling effect – but remember to keep them out of reach of any other children in your household. And in the unlikely event of the clear hydrogel pad turning cloudy or milky, dispose of it and use a fresh one.