MEDELA Nipple Formers (2 Pieces) - MED008-0043
- Brand: Medela
- Product Code: MED008-0043
- Availability: In Stock
- If you have inverted or flat nipples, Medela nipple formers can prepare them for breastfeeding and help your baby latch on.
- Gentle pressure can help shape inverted or flat nipples to prepare them for breastfeeding
- Supple membrane feels soft on your skin
- Snug, comfortable fit against the breast
- Low-profile design guarantees a natural appearance under clothes
- One size fits all mums
- BPA free
Medela nipple formers: How to use
- Medela nipple formers come in two parts: a soft and supple silicone membrane that is gentle on skin, and an outer shell with holes in the top that allow air to circulate, preventing humidity. The shell’s shape has been optimized to create a snug, comfortable fit, and it has a low profile so it won’t show through your clothes. To use, follow these simple steps:
- Put the silicone membrane on the shell, making sure it snaps on all the way around.
- Once assembled, place the nipple former inside your bra, with the membrane’s opening centered over your nipple. The ventilation holes must point upwards.
- While wearing nipple formers, some breast milk may collect in the shell. Do not feed this to your baby, simply discard it when you clean the shells (see below).
How to clean nipple formers
- Like all breastfeeding accessories, you’ll need to keep your nipple formers clean. You should sanitize them before using them for the first time, and then once a day after that, but this is quick and easy to do:
- Separate the parts and put them in a small pan filled with cold, preferably distilled, water. If you use tap water, you can add a teaspoon of citric acid to help avoid lime scale build-up.
- Bring to the boil, and continue to boil for approximately five minutes.
- Carefully drain off the water and place the nipple former parts on a clean cloth to dry.
- Alternatively, you can use a microwave sanitizing bag.
- It’s also important to clean nipple formers after each use by separating the parts and washing them with a mild cleaning solution, then rinsing thoroughly in cold water and drying on a clean cloth.